How to Find the Best Roofer for a Slightly Pitched Roof
- by Karl
You may face different challenges depending on where you live and the age of your home. Finding the right company for a steeply pitched roof is a common problem. From safety concerns to project planning, steep roofs pose unique challenges. Asking the right questions will help you make the right decision to hire a roofer and get the job done efficiently and safely. If your roof is steep, here are some things to keep in mind in Sherman Oaks.
What’s a steeply sloped roof?
The pitch is another name for the slope of a roof. It refers to how far the roof rises relative to its width in feet. Sometimes called “the rise above the run” How sharp is your roof’s “V”? A steep slope roof is one that uses gravity to remove snow and water from the roof. To protect your home, flat roofing can be sealed with waterproof membranes. Most residential roofs are steep, but commercial roofs can be flat.
Some roofs may be steeper depending on their age or where they are located. This is especially true in high snow regions, where the snow can accumulate and cause damage to the roof. This can lead to roof damage and water staining. Precarious situations like roof scrubbing in winter can be avoided by using a more robust design.
Roofs for steep buildings
You need to have the right skills and experience to work on steeper roofs. If you’ve never done a roof remodel, these are issues that you may not have considered. You need a good roofer.
- Use the right equipment: It is often difficult to walk on steep roofs. You will need to use specialized equipment like roof jackets and staging. Because they are familiar with the various roof types, these companies are among the best. It is likely that those who rent it will pass the cost on to you, which can lead to a more costly effort.
- Estimate materials: Strong math and engineering skills are required to determine the material requirements for any roofing project. The accuracy of your materials estimates and service quotations will be affected by the ability to calculate angles and pitch for sloped roofs.
- Learn how to understand the architectural impact of a roof over a building. Many steep roofs can be very visible to people who are looking at the building. The final result will be affected by the quality of the materials, the precision of the roofing, and the integration of architectural touches like designer shingles. Your roof will look better with the more experienced company you choose.
Questions for your roofer
These are just a few of the questions you can ask roofing companies in order to determine if they are the right fit. Some potential questions include:
- How much experience do you have working with steep roofs?
- Are you able to purchase the necessary equipment?
- Could you please walk me through the equipment set-up and schedule?
- What type of professional insurance does your company have?
- Do you have references from customers who have had steep roof jobs completed?
- How can you keep your surrounding areas free from roofing debris?
- Do you have a roofer certification to install this roofing system
- Perhaps most important, what warranties are you offering?
It is important to understand the requirements for steep roofing remodels so that you can ask the right questions. You can hire the best residential roofing company for your job, whether you need new shingles or a more complicated project.
If you’re in need of roof repair or replacement, EBA Roofing, Inc is here to help. We offer a wide range of roofing services, such as emergency roof repair and more. So you can rest assured that we have the perfect solution for your home. Our experienced team is dedicated to providing you with the best possible roofing experience, and we take the time to educate our customers on their roofing options. Contact us today for a free consultation! We look forward to roofing your world.
EBA Roofing, Inc
14140 Moorpark St, Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
You may face different challenges depending on where you live and the age of your home. Finding the right company for a steeply pitched roof is a common problem. From safety concerns to project planning, steep roofs pose unique challenges. Asking the right questions will help you make the right decision to hire a roofer and get the…